Our skin is always thirsty till the time we don’t pamper it with nourishment. Skin needs moisture for some reasons. A healthy and right amount of moisture keeps gives skin a supple sheen outside. Internally, moisture works on retaining the elasticity and firmness in the skin. As we all know that human skin renews and regenerates itself. It is a whole process in which the new and fragile skin comes but constantly faces the environmental stressors and aggregators which leads to dehydration and free radical damage.
Our skin is the largest organ- although we know this fact but tends to ignore it by avoiding its care. We take the skin’s ability to repair and resilience for granted. The skin behaves differently in weather changes during monsoon season which reminds us of our mistakes and negligence.
What happens to skin during monsoon?
When the humidity increases at the time of rainy season, it bothers oily and acne-prone skin a lot. The production of sebum and greasiness on skin is high in monsoon due to high humidity coupled with the lingering heat of loo. The stickiness on skin invites the dust, dirt and sweat which makes their space on your skin and thereby clogging the pores. It increases the chances of bacterial infection, skin allergies and acne breakouts. The skin becomes dull, lifeless and uneven-skin tone.
Therefore, it is necessary to cleanse the skin to prevent the breakouts and protect it from the acne blast. But a thing that you need to keep in mind while cleansing, that you don’t need to over-cleanse it which makes the skin dry.
Know your skin and hair type and work on its healing process
Know the type of skin you are in and help it to heal through all the struggles it has faced. Treat the skin better with all the care and attention it deserves.
Monsoon showers call for a punctilious skin and hair care regimen.
- The perfect accompaniment for acne prone skin is Mud Face Mask for Sensitive and Acne Skin with Vitamin C. Mud mask is packed with minerals and nutrients. It deep cleanses, exfoliates and illuminates the skin and keeps it well nourished. This mud mask rejuvenates the skin by detoxifying, extracting toxins, cleaning pores and increasing blood circulation. Due to its antimicrobial properties, it helps to fight acne and breakouts. The mud sourced from Dead Sea helps to effectively get rid of skin impurities and dead skin cells, giving you a healthier and better skin in return.
- Extra Zap Acne is the result of an extensive research based on natural ingredients to help control and cure acne. It is developed using Dead Sea minerals, citric acid and camphor that helps in clearing acne and prevent future breakout.
- Aroma’s Therapeutic Anti-Dandruff and Hair Loss Black Mud Shampoo is the best solution for all you hair problems. It helps cool an itching scalp, keeping it clean and infection-free with its natural antibacterial properties. It is known for its ability to keep dandruff, and bump and boils on the scalp at bay. It revitalizes the scalp and hair roots and thereby, leading to a healthy and nourished scalp and hair. It also helps in saying bye bye to hair loss in the stickiest weather of the year.
- Gorgeous baby-soft skin is no more a distant dream! Natural Black Mud soap bar is blessed with deep penetrating and mild scrubbing properties of black mud and Dead Sea minerals. This soap would transform your damaged skin into radiant and smooth, if used regularly. This handmade soap has a fascinating ability to absorb moisture from the air, leaving your skin thoroughly nourished and moisturized.
The do’s and don’ts in monsoon season
- Focus on eating a wholesome meal. Don’t ignore good fats as they play an important role in repairing the damaged skin and locks in the moisture.
- Wearing closed footwear will make your feet un-breathable. It will swat a lot which will turn into a fungal or bacterial infection.
- The humidity that the rains bring can dry your skin something awful. Use a nourishing moisturizer that makes your skin moist, supple and healthy.
- Whenever you visit salon, make sure all the tools are sterilized properly.
- Don’t shower with hot water as it makes skin capillaries weak.
- Cleanse properly, not in a hurry as bacterial invasions can trigger breakouts.
- Use a reliable sunscreen with a good SPF. It may be cloudy but that doesn’t stop the sun’s UV rays from wreaking havoc.
- It is essential that you exfoliate your skin daily to rid it of dead cells but do so gently.