Olive oil is a natural oil that is extracted from olives. The oil is jammed up with saturated fats, omega-6, omega-3 fatty acids (polyunsaturated) and oleic acid (mono saturated fat).
Benefits for skin
- Olive oil is packed with vitamins A, D, K and E which is required to keep skin healthy, youthful and moisturized . These vitamins treat various skin problems like dark spots, redness, wrinkles, rough patches, psoriasis and excessive dryness. It also protects against the damage caused by harmful UV rays from sun, stretch marks, scars and stubborn dark circles under eye area.
- Olive oil is full of antioxidant properties and the most important antioxidant is vitamin E which may protects from cancer and bone diseases. These antioxidants are the nutrients that dramatically improves skin if taken regularly. Other than vitamin E, squalene is an ingredient that gives olive oil an extra antioxidant boost.
- Olive oil moisturizes and fights bacteria. Acne prone skin can use olive oil that will kill off the bacteria which leads to acne thereby moisturizing and hydrating skin.
- Olive oil acts as an occlusive for the skin. Its an agent that traps water and moisture into the skin and prevents it from escaping. Glowing skin is only achievable if the skin is super hydrated and occlusive helps to get there.
- Rubbing olive oil or foot cream enriched with olive oil generously on cracked heel help to add moisture and smoothness. It also keeps cuticles healthy and treats dry hands and feet overnight.
- Olive oil is considered as the best make up remover. The light layer of oil will condition the skin. Apply it before bed will heal and hydrate the skin.
- With the goodness of olive oil, the chapped lips can be turned into soft and smooth lips. Slick a little olive oil on dry, patchy or flaky lips and get rid of the unwanted dry skin from lips.
- The one of the most important elements for enhancing eyelashes is olive oil. The natural lashes can grow long and strong if used regularly at night before bed.
Benefits for hair
- Olive oil hair mask moisturizes hair from roots. It’s a perfect replacement of conditioners, as the deep nourishment will moisturize hair making it smooth, soft, shiny and frizz free. Hair strands tends to get extremely dry and rough due to continuous application of chemicals, heat styling treatments and harsh environmental conditions. It becomes a concern to bid adieu the dryness before it turns into a damage. Olive oil is here at rescue.
- Healthy hair is easy to manage. With the natural nourishment from olive, the dryness and rough ends gets eliminated and gives a flexibility to manage hair and makes hair styling easier.
- Olive oil retains the hair’s natural texture by treating the dry hair and also tames the stubborn hair and curly hair.
- One of the most important hair issues is dandruff. Everyone gets irritated from dry scalp and flaky dandruff. Massaging olive oil on scalp can prevents the emergence of white patchy dandruff.
- Sometimes the harsh climatic conditions lead to dryness which further results in weakening of hair and split ends. Split ends are a major sign of damaged hair and needs to be taken seriously as it can hamper the hair health badly. Massaging olive oil as serum on damp hair will helps to retain moisture keeping hair soft and frizz-free.
- Olive oil penetrates deep in the hair roots so as to promote moisturized and healthy scalp. It also fights against the bacteria and stimulates blood circulation in the scalp. Good blood circulation will make hair follicles stronger thereby helping to produce strands that are softer, shinier, healthier and thicker.
- Olive oil shampoo is rich in vitamins that helps to lock in the natural keratin protein in your hair. Using olive oil regularly is the best treat for your hair as they get stronger, longer and shinier.
- The extra sebum in hair and scalp hampers the growth of new hair follicles and thereby reducing the hair growth in general. Olive oil is a great idea to remove the excess build up of sebum and promotes hair growth.