Fruit extracts are the new trendy ingredients in skin care and hair care industry. They are praised a lot for its powerful anti-aging and rejuvenating properties. Fruit extracts are pure, fresh and natural. They are high in Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs). This acid is mild and is the powerful powerhouse of antioxidants. They help the skin and hair to repair the cells by loosening and dissolving them from the skin’s surface which thereby helps in retaining the moisture. Using fruit extracts regularly, suits all kinds of skin and hair. When applied on skin, it minimizes the fine lines and promotes vibrant and luminous looking skin. And when used on hair, it cleanses the impurities from the scalp and makes the hair strong healthy, shiny and voluminous from the roots.
Where these fruit extracts come from?
These precious and essential fruit extracts can be derived from different areas of the plant but this extraction is not limited from the roots, stem, bark, leaves and seeds. The whole process of extracting varies from plant to plant and their uses. Most of the extracts are obtained by using a solvent such as water, ethanol or hexane. The quality and efficacy of the fruit extraction depends on the initial plant, processing and storage. Extracts comes in several forms including powders, absolutes and tinctures.
You may or may not smell the aroma of these fruit extracts or exude or any scent but they retain all the nutrients and healthiest qualities. They contribute with their nourishing properties when added in any cosmetic formulations.
Adding natural benefits of your favorite fruit gives you refreshing moisturizers, face masks, soaps, shampoos, conditioners, hair masks, lotions, toners and scrubs. Furthermore, their presence boosts up the adhesiveness and texture of the product.
The wonderful fruit extracts are embraced with the richness of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, natural sugar, proteins, carotenoids, polyphenols and few other elements and compounds that are beneficial for skin and hair health. It is a powerhouse of various properties like astringent, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, balancing, brightening, collagen-enhancing, cleansing, clarifying, conditioning, exfoliating, hydrating, firming, reparative, rejuvenating, soothing, smoothing, strengthening, stimulating and softening.
- Fruit extracts works on the skin renewal process for a rejuvenated complexion.
- The fruit extracts are harmless and have the exfoliating properties which remove the dull, dead and flaky skin cells.
- It promotes the growth of newer and healthier skin. The new skin is much smoother, firmer, softer, brighter and more toned
- Emollience of fruit extracts helps to hydrate and alleviate the discomfort of the problematic skin while protecting it against the UV rays.
- It enhance the elasticity, reduce the appearance of redness, irritation, hyper pigmentation, and the signs of aging. They balance the skin tone, regulate oil production, cleanse, clarify, and help prevent acne breakouts.
- It also supports the function of collagen that fight against the signs of aging.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of fruit extracts works well on eczema, psoriasis, balances the harm caused by sun and hyper pigmentation.
- They are reputed to soften even dehydrated areas of skin that are parched to the point of cracking or peeling and, when used on the nails, they are believed to simultaneously strengthen and soften.
- It cleanses, conditions, nourishes, fortifies, softens, contributes shine, prevents dandruff and stimulates circulation to encourage healthy new growth.
- It also prevents hair loss, oiliness, dryness and dullness and the accumulation of dirt. And leaves hair looking thicker, voluminous and more lustrous.